Re: [SLUG] Choosing a Distro to Replace Stormix

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 19:45:58 EDT

edoc wrote:

> > Ever thought of trying Libranet?
> >
> > http://www.libranet.com (I believe it's version 1.9)
> >

> > Norb
>
> I looked at it just now, I recall hearing the name before.
> I'm not sure I see what Libranet offers that Stormix via
> apt-get Debian updates. Once Stormix is fully functional
> and updated as appropriate will I really see a meaningful
> difference between it and Libranet?
>

>From what I can tell (I've been strapped for cash as of late), the
beauty about Libranet is complete graphiocal tools for everythign,
INCLUDING a utility that easily recompiles your kernel (look at the
screenshots). It really does look very good, but I hear there are some
bugs with it and KDE. I'm now quite sure, but it was something in the
version of KOffice they use.

Norb