Re: [SLUG] Banshee card and xfree86 4.0.3

From: Glen Canaday (tuck@acer-access.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 19:32:09 EDT

Sounds like you are using the framebuffer driver in the kernel. This is bad,
as those things tend to get flakey with X and vice versa. When X is running,
it'll screw up the console display and sometimes they won't fix after X is
killed. I follow Paul Foster's credo concerning framebuffer drivers: don't
use them. I have a voodoo3 3000 (same chipset as the banshee), and it works
great. (I've ogl framerates OVER 240fps in tests).

I put my XF86Config file at http://members.acer-access.com/gurensan. I've
changed monitors since then, but this file should drop right in.

        Glen