Re: [SLUG] RedHat 7.1 Install fails

From: patrick (patrick@llc.net)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 20:56:02 EDT

On Monday 30 April 2001 08:42 pm, you wrote:
> > I believe Mandrake will take over Linux.
> > i believe more and more people will join in with mandrake.
> > if u have any complaints on mandrake u can join in and fix
> > any problems u see. isnt that what linux is all about
>
> Who is (are?) the driving force(s) behind Mandrake, please?
the people. regular people that want ease of use for thier
computers.

> Besides the perception by some of a momentary advantage in
> certain features and market share what are the reasons to presume
> a higher likelihood of survivability ... especially considering that
> Mandrake is going head-to-head with RH?

the people want mandrake. most people want an easy to
use full featured distro.

> If two or three of the Debian distros were to merge what then would
> the picture of their long-term survivability look like?

fascinating to say the least. imagine the easy of mandrake
the brains of suse and business expertise of red hat.

> The Linux world seems a little more difficult to predict given the
> nature of many of its adherents. There also seems to be a drift by
> some towards BSD ... what's up with that in the long term?

i dont have a clue. i have read this also. some are moving
to bsd.