Re: [SLUG] if u have the time

From: patrick (patrick@llc.net)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 21:16:43 EDT

On Monday 30 April 2001 08:52 pm, you wrote:
> patrick wrote:
> > http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
>
> YOu'll have to do better than that. Couldn't find it (and no, I don't
> have the time. can you gimme an exact link?).
im sorry, i was not addressing your question. i was putting
out a link for people to visit.

> In fact, last number I heard SuSE had 40+% maket share. Nevertheless,
> you can't really track marketshare with GNU/Linux because you can
> download it for free and install it on multiple computers.

that is true. mandrake and its mirrors got worked to the
point of uslessness when they released 8.0

>From what
> I've seen, Red Hat has the biggest market share, followed by
> Zogby-only-knows what (actuallyu I'm not even sure he knows).
>
> And besides, we use what we like, not what marketshare dictates.
>
> P.S.
> 1 distro? *LOL* Yeah, right! That's how you slow down developement. I
> mean, look at FreeBSD and Windows... Slllooooowwwwww developement.
>
> Norb

linux is not bsd or windows. linux in my opinion is the up
and coming (desktop) and i am talking here not anything else.
one big distro would give linux a standard. maybe a stand
could be implemented for all the distros before the other
ones lose so much market share they dont make it. what
if suse were to implement mandrakes updater and install
feature and red hat too. i realize mandrake started out
to be like red hat but now they are even better for MOST
OF US.

thanks