Re: [SLUG] [Fwd: PLease tell me there's a law against this...]

From: edoc (kd4e@arrl.net)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 23:47:25 EDT

Re: [SLUG] [Fwd: PLease tell me there's a law against this...]The simple solution is for all vendors to ship with a Free copy of Linux.
The MS statement says "operating system" not "Microsoft operating
system".

Even better, make sure that the Linux os is from IBM ... and dare MS to go
after them and claim that their os is grounds to sue anyone ... won't happen.

MS may have just provided the incentive millions of PC builders need to
sell UP to Linux from MS!

:-) Doc

  Of course, we have the obvious question: what if someone buys a volume of PC's with GNU/Linux on them? Then what? What sort of punitive action will M$ take on the company that made the sale? The question is also whether M$ can show up at your door and have you perform an audit even though there is no claim on having _any_ M$ products on any machines (except for WINE, but does that count?) Do you think they would sue? Can they sue you for _not_ having Windows on your computer? That's how this is coming across...

  Russell

  On Monday 30 April 2001 09:40 pm, you wrote:
> http://www.aaxnet.com/news/M010425.html

  i read this earlier today. found it fascinating. gates will do anything
  to get his way. just another reason we need one distro for the
  desktop., in my opinion