Re: [SLUG] Mandrake 8

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 01:59:05 EDT

Mauricio Borgen wrote:

> Very easy to install, meaning that I was not fidgeting with adding one card
> at time (NIC, SOUND, MODEM). It worked flawlesly so far. Some minor
> annoyances with some apps but that is due to my newness. So far though very
> nice and look fwd to future versions of the mandrake distro. Software
> installation is easy and informative with short install descriptions. It
> has a software/security update feature nothing too new.
>
> -Moe

YOu might want to wait 'till 8.2. For some reason, it's been my
experience with Mandrake that versions alternate between great and bleak
(6.5 was great, 7.0 wasn't, 7.1 was great, 7.2 wasn't, 8.0 seems to be
pretty good, to the point where some members would name their firstborn
after it *hee hee hee... Just Kidding, Patrick*). Hope you have fun with
it!

Norb