Re: [SLUG] Help.....

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2009 - 10:23:47 EST

David wrote:

> [root@tamqfl1-ar1-240-111 /root]# rpm -ivh knapster-0.13-1.i386.rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
> libkdecore.so.2 is needed by knapster-0.13-1
> libkdeui.so.2 is needed by knapster-0.13-1
> libqt.so.1 is needed by knapster-0.13-1
> [root@tamqfl1-ar1-240-111 /root]#
> .................................HELP ME.........................I'm
> New!!..................
> in real bad need of being able to get me tunes. Can boot to windows and
> use Napster that way but thats no fun. I'm lovin Mandrake..Azz kickin
> shniznit
> ..This has happened to other installs, like a chat client and so
> on..could it be a bad burn?
> Dave

What version of Drake are you using? Unfortunatelly, with the download
versions of some distros, not all the libraries are included. By the
way, recomendation: Gnapster is WAY better than knapster. Much better
developed than knapster. If you have Ximian Gnome installed, you should
have Gnapster included already. If you don't have Ximian, go to
http://www.ximian.com to aquire it (you wont regret it). Nevertheless,
as for finding the libraries, you might want to go to
http://www.rpmfind.com and look for them there (in the search look for
the exact libray, but only take the RPM that matches your distro. In
mandrake, there are usually mdk extensions somewhere in the package file
name). Often what I do, however, is that I go to http://www.google.com
and just search for the library, the distro and "rpm". That really
should take care of it.

Hope this helped.

Norb