Re: [SLUG] Re: Paul thank you for your response, and some thoughts.

From: Brigitte (search@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 22:20:55 EDT

Personally I think there is a missing link for those of us who are not as
computer literate as most of the people on this list. My frustration is
that most Linux installs rely on the user having Windows
installed. Why? Is there a distribution of Linux available which will
allow you 1st to just install what is needed to operate the system, and
then guide you through a logical progression of learning the system? I just
don't want to install thousands of programs when I have no clue what they
do and how to use them. Any suggestions of how a true novice to Linux
should approach learning the system would be greatly appreciated.
Brigitte