Re: [SLUG] Re: Paul thank you for your response, and somethoughts.

From: Ed Centanni (ecentan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 22:50:35 EDT

I've rarely ever installed Linux on a drive that wasn't new and had no
OS installed at all. I have on many occasion installed Linux over
itself during presentations simply because I used the same machine for
multiple presentations. I've never seen mainstream distro that relied
on windows being installed first.

I understand your frustration. There's a lot to learn with Linux but I
don't believe that for a newbie Windows would be any easier. Most
people are used to Windows and Linux is different. That's the real
problem and only spending the same amount of time with Linux that one
does with Windows will solve it.

Ed.