Re: [SLUG] gimmie thoughts

From: Ed Centanni (ecentan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 11:53:29 EDT

I enjoyed it. It would have been even better with more attendees. It
may be helpful to set a virtual meeting time and post it on the list.

We've had some dedicated SLUG channels before and the interest wasn't
strong, but that was a good while back and things change. With the
mailing list so active these days maybe an IRC channel will take off.
Some of the list traffic is more suited to IRC.

It was easy to use ksirc -- crank it up, set the server connection and
then the channel and you're there. After that the interface is like IM
-- type in your comment in the edit window at the bottom and see it and
everyone else on the channel at the top window. If you use IM ksirc
will seem easy. IRC is NOT IM and has different capabilities.

Ed.