Re: [SLUG] Mozilla

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 16:09:34 EDT

Frank Roberts - SOTL wrote:

> Well in most cases Mozilla is very similiar to an advance version of our
> old fovorite Netscape but there are a few additions and a few changes.

Favorite? Uhhmm...... Well, for a web browser only, I know it's not open
sourced, but givr Opera a try. It's fast, light weight and very noce
looking, with alot of great features.

> If you are use to Netscape it does take a little getting usta to. For
> example I justed wanted to spell check what I had written but the old
> spell check button is not there so I am adding it now. Ups! No I am not.
> I guess I was in another program when I modified the last tool bar.

Yeah, I kinda noticed that too. That's pretty much the ONLY reason why I
still use netscape as my mail client.

> Any way If anyone figures out how to eliminate the following URL:
>
> Well I am not going to cut and paste the URL either. Cut and past do
> not seem to work.

(from location) Edit->Copy
(to location) Edit -> Paste.

(Geezes H. Craest, boy, what version are you using!?)
Or you could do the great 3rd button trick - Higlight, move the pointer
over where ever you wish the text to go and click the middle button
(both buttons at once with a 2 button mouse)

> Any way the URL I was going to cut and paste was the one that takes you
> to NET Central. You know the one where Netscape loggs every's email
> address inorder to send them infinite amounts of junk mail.

Huh? Not familiar with it, sorry. Read why below.

> It would appear that Mozilla is still a part of Netscape. If anyone
> doubts that all they have to do is click on the serch button. If Mozilla
> was not part of Netscape a normal person - ie not a programer - would be
> able to get rid of the Netscape trash....
> PS. If anyone knows how a mere mortal - not a Mozilla programer - can
> get rid or change the address of the search function I would be most
> interested in knowing how.

Edit->Preferences->Navigator->Internet Search.

You can choose there (of course, I set mine to Google ;)

P.S. Nifty feature with book marks is that you now can give yourself
keywords that take you directly to your sire (ie. typing "slug" on the
address bar takes me to the home page. Pretty sweet, unlike the AO-HELL
version which just takes you to a quasi-search engine, thereby wassting
your time...)

> PSS. This is being sent with out spell check - you may now see how bad
> my spelling and typing really are - because blantly I can not even find
> the spell checker.

Yeah, that part of it shows you why it's stil 0.8.1.

Norb