Re: [SLUG] Mozilla

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 11:14:41 EDT

> Tried all this before I posted this message. To make sure I just tried again.
> No cut and Paste.
>
> As far as version RH 7.1 with 2001-03-16-14

Hmmm... Ok, what you have is 0.8.1a which had ALOT of really really
WEIRD bugs in it. I'm using 2001-03-26-14, 0.8.1b which fixes alot of
those grevious bugs. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn;t the
middle-button copy/paste dependant on your graphical user interface? YOu
really might want to up-grade to the slightly latere version. No spell
check, but working parts.

> > > PS. If anyone knows how a mere mortal - not a Mozilla programer - can
> > > get rid or change the address of the search function I would be most
> > > interested in knowing how.
> >
> > Edit->Preferences->Navigator->Internet Search.
> >
> > You can choose there (of course, I set mine to Google ;)
>
> Just tried that too, again. Then checked agan by clicking thr Search Button
> to the right of the URL line and off I went to Net Central again. There is
> definitely something wrong here. if yours works.

This REALLY sounds like one of the bugs that I read described by the
mozilla.org page. Yeah, you really need to upgrade to the bug fix
version. There's RPMs of it so it's easy enough to install.

> PS This is not the only programs that do not work correctly. I have
> encountered several others too but they were not of major interest, except
> for XRoast, so I did not spend any time trying to figure out why. With XRoast
> it acknowledges my HP RW-CD but refuses to acknowledge the Mitisibu (sp=?)
> R-CD.

Is it just me, or does Red Hat seem more hurried than ever? (hint hint,
try SuSE, hint hint ;)

I hope this has helped a bit. If not.. well, keep posting, we'll hit

Norb