Re: [SLUG] Mozilla

From: sotl155360@earthlink.net
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 07:26:04 EDT

Norbert Cartagena wrote:

> > Tried all this before I posted this message. To make sure I just tried again.
> > No cut and Paste.
> >
> > As far as version RH 7.1 with 2001-03-16-14
> >

> Hmmm... Ok, what you have is 0.8.1a which had ALOT of really really
> WEIRD bugs in it. I'm using 2001-03-26-14, 0.8.1b which fixes alot of
> those grevious bugs. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn;t the
> middle-button copy/paste dependant on your graphical user interface?

Yes but it did not work. There were some strange comments about Mozilla
on one of the news sites indicating that Mozilla's cut and paste
function was not compatible with KDE and Gonome and that to solve the
problem that cut and past were going to have to be moved from the KDE
and Gonome level to the X level. Don't if that is true or not but that
is what I recall so I am not too suppressed about the cut and paste
functions not working correctly.

> You really might want to up-grade to the slightly latere version. No spell
> check, but working parts.

> > > Edit->Preferences->Navigator->Internet Search.
> > >
> > > You can choose there (of course, I set mine to Google ;)
> >
> > Just tried that too, again. Then checked agan by clicking thr Search Button
> > to the right of the URL line and off I went to Net Central again. There is
> > definitely something wrong here. if yours works.
> >

> This REALLY sounds like one of the bugs that I read described by the
> mozilla.org page. Yeah, you really need to upgrade to the bug fix
> version. There's RPMs of it so it's easy enough to install.
>
> > PS This is not the only programs that do not work correctly. I have
> > encountered several others too but they were not of major interest, except
> > for XRoast, so I did not spend any time trying to figure out why. With XRoast
> > it acknowledges my HP RW-CD but refuses to acknowledge the Mitisibu (sp=?)
> > R-CD.
> >

> Is it just me, or does Red Hat seem more hurried than ever? (hint hint,
> try SuSE, hint hint ;)
>
> I hope this has helped a bit. If not.. well, keep posting, we'll hit
> it... :) *L*
>
> Norb

Thanks for the info.

Don't know at the moment - crashed that system (office) last night or
more correctly kicked it off line so I am now busy in my spare time
trying to get it back on line.

What I did was attempt to install a set of rpm from RH-7.1's tool kit.
Personally I am not too suppressed after the fact because as I recall I
also had problems with their 6.1 Tool Kit. It appears that when they do
the rpm the sort of leave a few components out. Any way that was the
problem I had on this (home) machine when I installed Qt. Judging from
the performance of the system (office) this tool kit has a similar set
of problems.

I have also noticed that Mozilla and KFM (or Kong sp=?) (the new KDE
browser) both have a problem accessing the "Power Marketing Association"
(PMA) news page while Netscape does not. After one clicks on the article
you do not transfer to the article but get an error message. For anyone
wanting to check out a browser that is a tough web site. I have yet to
get it to print on a MS box unless I was using IE. Unfortunately I can
not recall trying it recently in Linux.

As far as browses go from the three mentioned above the best choice it
it was not for the slight problem with the PMA website would be the new
KDE browser.

Took a look at Mozilla website and down loads and noticed that Mozilla
can be downloaded in parts. Has anyone downloaded the address book and
email and compiled them with out the browser yet. If so what did you
down load? I was not quite sure of what is what.

Thank
Frank