Re: [SLUG] BSOD for the show (was "funny thing last night!!")

From: Bill Preece (savatage@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 12:48:57 EDT

>I don't know where it ws, but I can find out. I saw a website where I
>guy had collected various pictures of the Blue Scree of death in public
>places, like Billboards and Bowling alleys. It there any way we can make
>some type of "poster decorations" for the show with the BSOD, waarning
>people "Do you want this to happen to YOU?"
>
>Just a thought. It's early, leave me alone ;)
>
>Norb

I would not want to do this at the show for a few reasons. This would look
too much like
making a public bashing and very unprofessional. We also are not paying to
be at the
event Microsoft is. So the promoter may get upset if he thinks we are there
to start a war.
This could make us look bad and hurt chances of further events with him. We
do not want that
if we are trying to get a whole Linux showcase. Think of this being a way to
make them pay
for us to be there. ... Hmmm :-)

While it is a cool idea. I would like nothing else then to have several
things that could have
a similar message to them. Such as the top 10 Reasons not to use Windows , A
sign that
says BSOD with Picture and this caption < With this how can you be
productive? > , or
< Is blue really your favorite color? > or even ,
< Are you tired of all your windows apps looking the same? >

Also we may not be able to put up the poster from Penguin Computing that
says
Good Morning Mr.Gates I'll be your server with the Tux crushing Redmond.
Again this could
stir up some problems. How ever if Scott Says not a problem it will be up!

Just remember we need to be tasteful and yet putting the fear of open source
solutions taking over
several pieces of the market in them. I think the crowd we get for this will
show that without any doubt.

Also please anyone working with us at the show if you can be at the Tampa
meeting this week please be there.
We have just a few more things to go over and remember it will only 21 days
till the show that night.