Re: [SLUG] Re: Brigitte and Ramiro

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 18:56:54 EDT

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 11:18:06AM -0400, Norbert Cartagena wrote:

> > If you really want to learn Linux, buy a book like "Running Linux". Read
> > it while in front of your console, and experiment while you read.
> >
> > And you can always ask questions. ;-}
> >

> Actually (Speaking from experience here) "Running Linux" is probably a
> book you DON'T want as a beginner.

Over time, _Running Linux_ has generally been acknowledged as the best
book in this genre. That's why I make that suggestion. However, I can't
personally evaluate that, since I'm not a newbie Windows user. I'm
always interested in better newbie books. Some time ago, I bought _Linux
For Dummies_ and had Nancy take a look at it. She thought it was pretty
good.

If anyone has any _newbie-tested_ book recommendations, I'm interested.

Paul