[SLUG] Re: Black Ice

From: Bill Preece (savatage@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 14:29:45 EDT

Why would you want this program? ? ?
It again does not work! If you want a firewall
go with BSD or netmax.

Black Ice again is not a true firewall. It does not stop
people from accessing your ports.

Here is a clip from their site.

Even after setting BlackICE to block an intruder, I continue to get attacks
from the intruder. Why?

BlackICE Defender will continue to perform its intrusion detection function
even on blocked intruders.
This means that an intruder may not detect your system because his/her
system is blocked,
but you can continue to tell if an intruder is continuing his/her attacks.

Again it dose not block your ip from out side! !! !
I have tested it fails even with the patches.

again why do you want something like this??