RE: [SLUG] Python vs Perl

From: Federico Paini (federico@federicopaini.com)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 14:44:00 EDT

I learned both languages and I have to tell you that there is no "best
language", both are great languages with pro and cons and with similarities
and differences.
I personally prefer PERL and it is actually more widely used than Python (at
least as far as my experience goes).
The bottom line is that you should learn the language that serves you better
according to the reason why you need to learn it in the first place (work?
Pleasure? Curiosity?).
Unfortunately your question has no unique answer.

Anyway, once you learn a modern programming language (whatever it is) will
be pretty easy to learn others since the "basics" (control structures,
loops, variables scoping etc..) are always the same since the C was created
and even earlier.

Ciao
Federico