Re: [SLUG] no mention of mandrake

From: Todd (trunnels@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 15:22:55 EDT

Alot of the cause of this is the simplicity of use with mandrake. A good
portion of the "linux journalists" dont like mandrake for that reason. They
sometimes tend to be a little elitest and if you dont have to work hard to
set it up, it isnt worth having. Not saying all of them are like this but
alot of them are. Plus you have to remember Mandrake is made by a French
company and alot of what goes on focus on what goes on here in the US so
Mandrake is excluded. Keep in mind that the Japanese have several distros
that you never hear about for that same reason too.

Todd