Re: [SLUG] Re: A PLEA FOR MERCY -- no mention of mandrake

From: Patrick (pwgrant@mailandnews.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 19:28:59 EDT

If Mandrake 8 is god's second gift to the world (Christ being first, if
you're a Christian), then why have I had less trouble working with Suse 7.1
than mandrake during the past year? I found BSD troublesome, never got X to
work in Red Hat. Few built in features of mandrake. Each experience taught
something though. This is the same debate as the MAC vs. Windows of the
80's and 90's; or chevy vs. ford. One is not inately better than the other.
What you get out of it is key.

I only wish the html filter of this group could also filter out these
trivial debates. They serve no purpose.

Now, please answer a question. Why does telnet hang (sometime, not always)
after the conenction is made. Same for ftp. semi-infrequently. No heavy
drive access (a la windows), jung nothing. After 15-30 seconds all is ok.