[SLUG] Re: A PLEA FOR MERCY -- no mention of mandrake

From: edoc (kd4e@arrl.net)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 18:12:09 EDT

> On Monday 14 May 2001 11:53 am, you wrote:
> > patrick wrote:
> > > i spend a lot of my free time on the net reading about linux.
> > > i have noticed that Mandrake Linux is not mentioned on
> > > lots of the Linux pages. has anyone else noticed this.

Dear Mandrake 8 ... err ... Patrick,

   I hate to sound like the proverbial stick-in-the-mud but this constant
and
endless harping on Mandrake 8 is getting real old. We all have the message
engraved on our eyeballs and monitor screens ... and instead of sheep we
have Mandrake 8 CD's jumping over fences in our dreams!

   Let me get the Mandrake 8 religious dogma right, "Mandrake 8 is god's
gift
to the world, nothing else is worthy, and the failure to sumbit our Linux
souls
to the demi-god's of Mandrake 8 is a mortal sin." Oui, Oui? :-)

   This is not intended to be a flame but a plea for mercy! We believe that
you
believe ... can we let this go, even for a little while, pretty please?

   He slowly and painfully rises from the begging position on his knees ...

;-) Doc

[one of the pitiful neanderthals using a non-Mandrake 8 distro]