Re: [SLUG] New computers - need opinions

From: Ed Centanni (ecentan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun May 20 2001 - 09:22:26 EDT

Assuming the video (usually ok) and the sound (can be a problem) are
compatible I'd go with the AMD system. I like AMD processors and I
never heard of the TRANSCEND mb. If you're looking to save some bucks,
get a Duron CPU/MB. Good bang for the buck. You don't give enough info
on the integrated sound to know if it's compatible but if not you can
always disable it and put in a cheap SB clone. Just make sure you have
a spare PCI slot. I strongly recommend you put in 128Meg ram instead of
the 64.

Ed.