Re: [SLUG] CTS update

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 15:58:35 EDT

Derek Glidden wrote:

> Norbert Cartagena wrote:
> >
> > Derek Glidden wrote:

> > > No it isn't...
> > >

> > It is if you're talking about the system, not just the kernel.
>
> The thing I love about Linux, is that you're free to call it whatever
> you want

Yeah, but let's nor forget to give credit where credit is due. Linux
needed GNU to come to be and GNU needed Linux to come to promenence
(lest we all be stuck in the slower development cycle of the *BSDs).
Now, I understand calling the system "Linux" or (as I sometimes do, by
accident) "GNU" in spoken language as a matter of convenience, however,
whether or not you wish to call it the such, the propper way to reffer
to the system is GNU/Linux (afterall, most of the software in a
GNU/Linux system IS GNU software, not the Kernel - thankfully, if you
get my drift).

But, following your line, and seeing how the desktops so dearly want
this (at least KDE and - sometimes - GNome), I shall call the system
Winnux, instead ;) *mwahahahaha*

Norb