[SLUG] In a pickle

From: Maureen L. Thomas (elgato@gte.net)
Date: Sun May 27 2001 - 05:44:44 EDT

I cannot figure out why my Mandrake 8.0 system freezes on bootup. I get
the following messages as it boots.

EXT2-fs warning (device ide0 (3,70)): ext2_unlink: Deleting nonexisting
file (114711), 0
EXT2-fs warning (device ide0 (3,70)): ext2_unlink: Deleting nonexisting
file (114712), 0
EXT2-fs warning (device ide0 (3,70)): ext2_unlink: Deleting nonexisting
file (114713), 0

Then a little further down it freezes at Running Linuxconf hooks:

I did a fsck on the partitions and they fixed a few items - no lost and
found file - and that was about it. But when I rebooted with shutdown -r
now it frooze in Linux and in Failsafe at the same place with the same
messages. I have no clue where to go from here. Can someone lead me in
the right direction. TIA Maureen