Re: [SLUG] Re: Digital Camera - Linux Compatible?

From: scott piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Sun May 27 2001 - 12:26:34 EDT

I know that the USB jumpshot reader that Lexar sells with it's compact flash
cards works, and I think that the Sandsisk, Microtech, and other readers also
work. You should be able to check groups.google.com, the linux-usb.org site,
or other places to get an idea. Also, many of the newest cameras have a USB
port, and I think that some of them are working with Linux.

One of the top digital camera sites on the web is local,
http://www.steves-digicams.com they have reviews, news, message boards, and
links.

I think one of the best camera deals I've seen is in Today's paper on the
Olympus D490Z for $299 after a rebate. It's at CompUSA for their Memorial Day
sale, and is a nice digital camera.

If I was buying a digital camera I would go with Olympus, Nikon, or Canon, but
other people also like Kodak and Sony. The only sure thing is that each of the
last few years the quality at a given price point has improved dramatically.

scott