Re: [SLUG] Vendor Specifics

From: Todd (trunnels@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun May 27 2001 - 16:31:02 EDT

Please everyone forgive me for any old or misinformation i have been
spreading...shame on me with my old information....People do still have egos
and egos still do happen....While i have been hoping for a standard for as
long as i have been using linux (about 3 years now), I never thought i would
see it happen and have shrugged it off for awhile anytime i would see
anything about it because for the longest all the talk of standards
suggested one devolper give up his baby in favor of another. I gave up on
standards awhile ago figuring that one day one group of distros based one
way would win out and poof there would be your standard. Forgive me for any
toes i have stepped on and anyone i have upset, but from my point of view
watching for as long as i dared to watch i truely belived this was something
that would never happen...On the same token it still has a long way to go
and is still a few years or so before you see a set standard that all the
new distros conform to....alot can change in a few years but i hope it
happens.

Todd