RE: [SLUG] dual boot

From: Miller, Matthew (Matthew.Miller@expanets.com)
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 14:47:01 EDT

If both OS's are already installed on separate HDD's, then all you need is a
good boot manager to switch between OS's. I use - and highly recommend -
XOSL ( http://www.xosl.org/ ).
If you plan on starting off fresh, I recommend you install Win98 on
HardDrive A, then install RH 7.1 on HardDrive B and use XOSL for boot
management. You can run each OS install separately as if they are single
boot systems (setup HardDrive A; install boot manager on HardDrive A;
temporarily remove HardDrive A; insert HardDrive B; setup HardDrive B; boot
with HardDrive A and B; reconfigure boot manager). Alternately, most newer
BIOS's allow you to select from which harddrive to boot your computer, so
there would be no need to remove either HardDrive while configuring the
other.

Matt