[SLUG] Ooops...

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 21:36:12 EDT

Well, hey, I just found out *again* that when all else fails, read the
directions.

No wonder the SuSe LiveEval doesn't work on my 486. It requires 96 MB of
RAM and a Pentium...

Same thing for Mandrake. At least 32 MB RAM. Still a lot, but much more
reasonable. And a Pentium.

My Caldera OpenLinux 2.3 seems to be installing just fine,
thankyouverymuch! :-)

I haven't gone debian this time because I have dsl and only one network
cable. It's a pain to install the necessary libs and such just so I can
compile the PPPoE software to connect to d/l the rest of the software.
Besides, then I won't have my dsl on my main machine. <sigh> guess it's
time for another NIC!

Russell

_its_ (no apostrophe) means "the thing that it owns"
_it's_ (with apostrophe) means "it is"