[SLUG] CTS Show & Word Of Thanks

From: Bill Preece (savatage@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 08:17:18 EDT

    I first of all want to thank all who helped make this show a success.
To Rob 'Roblimo' Miller again thanks so much for the help for the second
time making this a great event.
I am very grateful for the time you took out of your busy schedule and also
putting on a very great presentation.
I also hope that we can have you are more of these shows.

To Jon 'Maddog' Hall I can't wait to get the pictures developed on what we
did bright and early yesterday. I can say
we managed to get the Linux presence felt in the Microsoft Office XP
launch......Lol (You folks who were not there will be
clued in more shortly once the photos are done). Also very good
presentation as well.

To Scott Stemple of the Computer and Technologies Show Case who yes asked
again what about October .......Hmmmmm ? ?
It is still possible to get the full show case we will see what happens .
;-)

To Tina Gasperson great write up and always a pleasure as well to have you
out at our event. Also Heather who looks so much
like you two are sisters.

To Nks very cool setup on the server. We managed to get a lot of attention.
The Poster on the Server Rack I thought was a cool
way to draw attention not to mention the Empegs on top of the Rack. Eric I
wish I would have seen the bay news 9 people interviewing you.

To Array Services crew and Curt very impressive monitors and equipment.

To the USF crew I am sorry that you did not get the attention you should
have to demo your cool SUN 3000 system. Yesterday would have
been a day to really have gotten more attention from the crowd then you
could imagine.

To all the volunteers everything went well and the help was very well
appreciated.

To all the members whom brought out some really cool PC's and Laptop's.

To Paul and Nancy thanks for believing in me to put this together.

To Diana who would not take NO as a acceptable answer to the people we
contacted.

To Chris and Dee who helped us get the stuff from my house to the show and
in 1 Truck Load including the 2000 Linux Journals.

A word of thanks to Buck Carhat of Caldera systems , Dexter Morgan from
NeTraverse of Win4Lin , to Ralph Cooley on the Great IBM
Linux speech.

A word of thanks to everyone who took the time to come in for extra speeches
and demos some of which did not happen because of the very unusual crowd
turn out being low the first day though we were the only booth with activity
on the first day .

I again want to say thanks to all who has helped make this even better then
the last show. I also want to thank all members of S.L.U.G.
who make me feel like a member of a large family of very cool and talented
people. As the saying goes there is no I in the word Team.
If I missed anything or anyone I apologize everyone was a valued member of
this project.

Now as for October let's see what happens in 3 weeks when we talk to Scott
about the next show.

Thanks

Bill Preece

P.s. Wait till you guys who missed this show and ones who missed the news of
what we did yesterday morning. I am sure as mentioned once the pictures are
ready that the pictures will say a thousand words.