Re: [SLUG] Mandrake 8.0

From: patrick (patrick@llc.net)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 11:14:34 EDT

On Sunday 03 June 2001 10:58 am, you wrote:
> The Mandrake 8.0 like Krusader says, is the most easiest way of installing
> or removing RPM's.
>
> Yesterday, I was just playing for a bit, and I installed several dozen
> apps, and un-installed a few.
>
> It was a real snap. almost too easy. The Software Manager for installing
> will also let you know of any dependency's you will need to install in
> order for the app. to work. ** Pretty slick **
>
> You have to see it to believe it.
>
> Also, if you shell out for the retail version in the box, you get the
> latest of most everything.
>
> This distro is Great.
>
> I will also be checking out the new SuSE comming out June 15.
>
> It seems to me, ( I don't know about others ) that the top 2 distro's for
> ease of use, and installation are SuSE and Mandrake.
>
> Just wanted to place a comment to anyone concidering Mandrake.

i would agree with your statements.
ease of use is whats gonna make linux the desktop for so many.
it has to be easy to use for most of us. this is not to say it will
become less powerful. there will be always be the command line
and those big black hole that people call terminals :)

i dont understand why some people seem to get upset that
linux is becoming easier and easier to use. i would like to
have a discussion with some that feel this way.

and i have a question, why do some people get upset with
the idea that some will make money on linux. if linux is to grow
then some people will want to buy some software. distros need
a little money to make the cd
s and keep their work going.