Re: [SLUG] Boot Script Question

From: Aharon (aharon@superfreeway.com)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 20:51:01 EDT

The correct way would be to put them into your rc scripts.
I am not sure of the correct pathing for your debian files, but on most
distro's you would do something like this:

# cp adsl-start /etc/rc.d/init.d
* (this assumes you are in the dir containing adsl-start)
# cd /etc/rc.d/rc3.d
# ln -s /etc/rc.d/init.d/adsl-start S91adsl-start
* verify that S91* is not in use. And make sure that your network
stuff is starting BEFORE S91... ie. S50

Thats all you need to do. The hardest part is going to be determining
whats different with your paths then mine. Some unix's put init.d under
/sbin .. Some put it under /etc... Same goes for the rc directories.

To find the location of your init.d directory:

find / -name init.d -print

To find the location of your rc directory

find / -name rc3.d -print

Aharon

--
vgextend /dev/myself /dev/nichole /dev/sarah /dev/misty /dev/julie
"I extend myself over many women - Aharon"

Unix Administrator Tampa, Florida

Websites: http://www.tamparacing.com http://www.ls6.com http://www.lastgen.com