Re: [SLUG] AMD K6-2 300

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 00:07:46 EDT

On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 09:31:50PM -0400, Jason Pratt wrote:

> I have an old AMD K6-2 300 and am trying to get Mandrake or RH installed
> on it. The problem is, is that during the installation with both
> distro's the machine will lockup and require a reboot. Now does anyone
> have any experience with this sort of thing?
>
> Following specs:
>
> AMD K6-2 300
> 64MB Mem
> 6.4Gig HD
> Rage Pro 3D
>
> Any thoughts on this one also?

A guess: memory problems, as in bad bits.

One other thing: you may be able to pinpoint this more precisely by
switching over to one of the consoles and watching what's going on at
the time. All distros I've installed give you a running record of what's
going on in one or more of the consoles as they do things.

HTH,

Paul