[SLUG] Linux may not be ready for the Desktop but it is for Gradschool

From: Michael Manchester (mchester@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 12:55:48 EDT

I just found out that my granddaughter who is 9 is a
big fan/user of Linux.

My son set her up a logon on Rh 7.1 and showed her how
to startx and change her desktop in gnome. A few days
later he saw that she had added panels and applets for
her games to the panels changed the theme and has
pretty much do a lot of customizing. I know this isn't
the same a doing daily business on Linux, but if a 9
year old can figure it out. I'm thinking Linux must
not be that hard from GUI standpoint.

Just thought I'ld share that with all of you.

Mike M.

=====