Re: [SLUG] NT shares/NFS

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 18:57:00 EDT

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 11:46:38AM -0400, Mikes work account wrote:

> I have a need to see files on my NT Server from the Linux server. I have
> Samba running and my MS guys can see their files on the Linux Server but the
> reverse is not true. How do I make the NT files available to a Linux
> login?? do I do that through NFS by mounting directories? Or have I missed
> something in Samba?
>
> Michael C. Rock

NFS has nothing to do with Samba; different thing entirely. You only
need Samba for this. The problem I've seen most often is the encryption
of passwords under Windows. If you find you have this problem, let me
know, as there is a fix for it. But I'd suggest checking out a file
called DIAGNOSIS.TXT in the documentation for Samba (I believe that's
the name). It takes you through all the steps necessary to troubleshoot
a Samba connection. There's most likely a tweak or two needed in your
smb.conf file.

HTH,

Paul