RE: [SLUG] more samba

From: Miller, Matthew (Matthew.Miller@expanets.com)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 16:37:31 EDT

Is the NT share being exported from a Linux box?
I will explain how I mount actual NT shares from physical Nt boxes onto my
Linux box:
I have a server labeled "jerry-pdctpa" with a "netlogon" share. This NT box
is already avertising the netlogon share, so I do not "export" it from any
other machine.
Locally on my Linux box I have the following directory structure:
/NT/ServerNames/Share
so /NT/Jerry-PDCTPA/NETLOGON would be an example.
In order for me to mount this to my Linux box, I do the following:
mount -t smbfs -o username=nt_domain_uid,password=my_nt_domain_password
//jerry-pdctpa/netlogon /NT/Jerry-PDCTPA/NETLOGON

Keep in mind that the username and password I use to access the NT share is
NT specific.
I hope this helps.

Matthew Miller