Re: [SLUG] more samba

From: Steven Johnson (alinuxguru@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 20:40:14 EDT

OK, let's take a step back. You do not need the entry in smb.conf. The
first thing to do is to determine if you really have a share called "f" on a
machine called "nt_server".

>From the "nt_server", run the command "net view \\nt_server". This will
give you the list of directories that the box is sharing out.

If you get this, you are not sharing anything out:
C:\>net view \\nt_server
There are no entries in the list.

Using Explorer or Server Manager, create the share. Then proceed on with
the linux mount.