[SLUG] Anyone intrested I recieved this E-mail

From: Bill Preece (savatage@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 08:30:12 EDT

My name is Art Wildman and I represent the Jacksonville Linux Users Group
"JaxLUG" in Jacksonville Florida. We have been busy planning the upcoming
ITEC
Computer Trade Show, June 13-14 at the Prime Osborne Convention Center and
would
like to invite the nearby LUGs to visit or participate. Keith Burres of VA
Linux
landed the ultimate Samba guru, "Jeremy Allison" to speak twice on the 13th!
We
think this is great news, because we hope to draw more traffic from nearby
LUGs
and show some "Unity" among all the Florida LUGs and Linux Enthusiasts in
the
area. Since ALS has moved to the west coast, there may be an opportunity to
host
a Linux Showcase in Florida someday, and events like this are good practice.
We
have several other speakers and demos lined up during the 2 day event an
hope
you can help us make an impact, by visiting our booth and dominating yet
another
show.

---This is a very familiar sound as to what we are trying to build! ---

We have lots of CDs, Distros and Pubs to give away, but if you want to clean
out
your linux closet & donate some penguin propaganda to the cause, please
bring
it. As usual, we are a fairly informal bunch of hacks and hope to have some
fun
with this. We'll be setting up some game servers and even a wireless demo
thanks
to Mark Mathews of LEAP. If you have experience with organizing trade show
exhibits and want to help setup/teardown contact me before Tuesday.

---Anyone wanting to help them out I am sure they would appreciate it---

Most of our members have a stack of free tickets & if you email us we'll try
get them to you or you can register online with the following information...

Complimentary Guest Pass - Ticket Code=2370
http://www.itec.asmcorp.com/regatt/index.html

Jax ITEC - Directions: from I-95 North, take Forsyth St. exit & follow signs
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=1000+Water+Street&csz=Jackson
ville%2C+FL+32204&Get+Map=Get+Map

4th Annual Jacksonville ITEC, June 13 & 14, 2001
Jacksonville Linux Users Group - JaxLUG, will attend the ITEC Trade Show and
host booth providing Linux training, support and demos of Open Source
Software
and their applications. JaxLUG is recognized by ITEC as the official sponsor
of
"Linux Lane" located on the event floor and the "Linux Theater" featuring
speakers and presentations on open source software.

---Linux Lane ? ? ? We were lucky to get a booth with these guys from ITEC
,
anyways that is behind us since we do the CTS shows---

The 2001 Jacksonville ITEC Trade Show - June 13-14, 2001
Prime Osborne Convention Center - 10:00am - 4:00pm Daily
http://www.itec.asmcorp.com/static/JAX01.home.html

GoITEC.com
http://www.goitec.com/home/

ITEC (Information Technology Expositions and Conferences) Event Description
http://www.itec.asmcorp.com/exhinfo/index.html

--
Art Wildman - wildman@mediaone.net
Jacksonville Linux Users Group (JaxLUG)   | jaxlug-list@jaxlug.org