Re: [SLUG] no more mr nice guy

From: Ed Centanni (ecentan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 11:46:04 EDT

patrick wrote:

<snip>

> as linux beccomes easier and easier to use for most people,
> it will be just ballmer said, a cancer on them.

It already IS a cancer. Soon it will be terminal.

> by the way i read the other day that kernal 2.4.1 has been
> released and supposedly with a graphical interface.
> anyone checked it out yet ?

Methinks your source of information on this subject has OD'ed on "Moulin
Rouge".

Speaking of movies, I saw "Swordfish" last night. Verdict: Good action
flick, typical lame hollywood computer flick. What does this have to do
with Linux?

"The greatest computer hacker in the world", a Finn named Torvalds, is a
character (played by a non-descript young actor) that gets whacked early
in the movie. He is portrayed as a cracker and but called hacker --
typcal hollywood cluelessness. I see his assasination as an affront
and I'm upset with Warner Bro. taking a microsoft-type (ms inspired?)
swipe at anyone as respectable and admired as Linus.

I'd recommend it as an action flick, but to enjoy it you have to park
all your computer knowledge and a bit of rightious indignation, at the
door,

Ed.