Re: [SLUG] Ximian..

From: Robert Haeckl (rhaeckl@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 15:00:35 EDT

I ran into a problem with the Red-Carpet update program that comes with
the Ximian install. Red-Carpet is a gui-interface for updating your
rpm's. It refers you to a set of rpm's provided by Ximian and a set I
believe is provided by RedHat. Unfortunately, I don't think it is
well-integrated with the usual rpm database on your system. After
updating several rpm's, my rpm database as viewed through gnorpm does
not reflect the changes properly. Now, it shows discrepancies or
dependency errors that did not show up before using Red-Carpet. This
may have been user-error, but I've never used the "force" option.

Robert