Re: [SLUG] Want Linux on your desktop? Nine reasons to forget about it

From: leo (haleo@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 19:15:02 EDT

I'm almost sure I am going to be unpopular when I ask this question, but
WHY??????????????? does everyone want a remake of Windows? Does anybody out
there envision a desktop control system that isn't just a plain command line
but also is not a collection of little pictures and pop-up windows? I
honestly believe that over time, in order to keep adding all the functions
that people seem to demand, how can it not get all balled up? I think the
KISS principle is so appropriate in this context. OK, go ahead, bash