RE: [SLUG] Digital Hinote Laptop..

From: H Sutter (sutter_h@popmail.firn.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 11:33:50 EDT

Take this with a grain of salt, as I only have 1 living brain cell left.
But if memory serves me, that unit used a small nicad encased in shrink tube
which was then connected by a wire to a mini Molex connector to the MB. This
supplied the power for the clock/bios. Disconnect the battery then you can
discharge the capacitor which is also in the circuit by bridging the mini
Molex for about 5min.
Just disconnecting the battery will work eventually, but that Cap will run
the clock for a week on some of those systems.

If your still not sure Twix me back later and I'll go out the shop and dig
into the Pit of Ancient Manuals.

Tony

Henry A. Sutter
Hillsborough County Schools
Title 1
901 E. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, Florida, 33602
Ph# 813.272.4613 Fx# 813.272.4434
sutter_h@popmail.firn.edu
"You expect me to build a memonic memory device with ..stone knives and
bearskins" SPOCK