[SLUG] Netscape 6

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 20:32:42 EDT

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Jason Pratt wrote:

> Ok thoughts on Netscape 6. Is it worth an install or should I just stick with
> Konquerer and Mozilla. Are there any advantages to the new Netscape over the
> other 2?

A view from the hard core ...

Source for Netscape is not and the owner has not said that it
ever _will_ be freely available for Netscape under any Open
Source Initiative license; It does not matter WHAT Netscape
does if there is no freedom under an O S License; ...

If you refuse to break an addiction to proprietary, closed
source software, why should the vendor stop feeding you sweet
poison? If they opened their source, they'd have a howl from
privacy advocates to stop selling your clicktrail privacy to
fund their business.

Konquerer is delightful and at least as stable as Netscape