[SLUG] Re: [cfgeeks] E-Smith Installation Glitch

From: edoc (kd4e@arrl.net)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 16:35:12 EDT

e-smith seems to be working, as is the modem.

Now I need to tie in a Windows and a Linux computer (still trying to get
past
the Linux-pcmcia problem on the laptop) ... then I will see how well e-smith
identifies and networks Windows and Linux together.

I'll try this Windows PC first since it is working fine ... later on I will
add Linux
to this thing and dual-boot ... unfortunately we still need to run a couple
of
Windows apps ... at least for now ... :-)

After that I will let e-smith dial into my ISP and try to access the
Internet
from each computer through the e-smith network & firewall.

Will report in as things develop ... enjoying the geeking!

Thanks! Doc

>I've just started a reinstall, mercifully a quick process, so I can
>create an admin account and password ... seems the one I recall
>entering (yeah, forgot to write it down!) isn't what e-smith thinks it
>should be. Silly me ... as I reinstalled I remembered the password!
>Early onset? ;-\

Don't worry doc...happens to the best of us on occasion. :)

>Reinstalled and it is working ... go figure.

which is working? :) if e-smith is up and running, perhaps it was something
as
simple as a password problem.

derek