Re: [SLUG] A Real Question

From: scott (piper@ij.net)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 21:27:40 EDT

First check to see if your Woody disk have the pppoe kernel module. You
may not need the roaring penguin software. If that doesn't work, then I
think you can use the ldd command to get a list of the libraries
required by your program. Then you can just copy them to a hard drive
partition or a floppy and load them into the ram disk from a shell (the
installation program lets you execute a shell).

 scott

btw, you could do a potato install, set your apt sources to testing or
unstable, then do an apt-get update and dist-upgrade if you want to, but
it may be an interesting exercise to do it your way.