[SLUG] A Real Question

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 12:36:29 EDT

Okay, I'm installing my Debian Woody (aka Testing) distro, but in order
to get all the files off the Internet, I have to have my PPPoE
connection working. To do this, I got the PPPoE software from Roaring
Penguin. It compiles and installs fine on a completely installed system,
but I can't do that from the boot-floppies that Debian provides. I can't
even dpkg -i *.deb anything, because even dpkg isn't installed yet!

So, what I want to do is take the binary that was created in my fully
installed system, pack it up using tar, and then transport it to my
new-install system, so I can be in the ramdisk, and then untar it so
that it works, and I can connect to the 'net, and complete my install.

I just don't know how to collect everything I need to make sure the
binary works on the ramdisk. Anyone got any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks!

Russell

PS Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there...

Without sharing, there would be no Internet
Without the Internet, there would be no sharing
Share your code, share your source
-- Let's build something as great as the Internet!