Re: [SLUG] Combining 2 ISP's w/o BGP?

From: billt (billt@ifelse.org)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 16:27:25 EDT

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 04:36:44PM -0400, Douglas Koobs wrote:
> Hello SLUGs,
>
> I have a DSL account, and will soon have a RR account (free
> setup, one month free, I HAD to try this :) So, I am hoping
> to use my RH 7.1 box and 2 NICs to combine these. Anybody
> have any pointers on this, or done it before? Thanks,

Hi,

I have never tried to combine two uplinks before, but i have read about
people doing it successfully (and not so successfully) on the Linux
Advanced routing list.

the iproute2 package has the commands to support multipath routing
The HOWTO is at
        http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Adv-Routing-HOWTO.html
and the list archives here: