Re: [SLUG] File transfers between 2 computers

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 18:45:03 EDT

On Monday 25 June 2001 07:20 am, you wrote:
> I know that I should know this by now, but I don't :( Just wondering the
> following:
>
> 1) I am in need of transferring information from one computer to another
> directly. They are not on a network, but both have Ethernet cards and
> are running SuSE.

Are they on the Internet?
If so e-mail the information to yourself. For non text data be sure to
transfer it as binary. This can be done in Netscape and Mozilla. If you
attempt to transfer non text data in a non binary format which is easy to do
in Netscape and Mozilla you will end up with trash.

Frank