Re: [SLUG] Musicians.. editing software.. and Linux !

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 09:26:41 EDT

Mark Banschbach wrote:

> This subject never seems to totally disappear which is
> something that does my heart good ! There are ALOT of
> techies who are also musicians..( myself included)..
>
> I will assume Norbert that you are back ??? and if
> so.. any thoughts about another get together ? I
> personally have the itch ( so to speak).. and would
> love to get out there and play some more.. perhaps
> something a bit more organized ( at the risk of
> sounding like a conformist..)
>
> Any takers ??
>
> Mark Banschbach.

Yeah, but a couple of things this time:

As cool as the studio is, I can now see why garages were so vital to
music in the 60's. As such, I suggest going to someone's house - it'll
be better than hanging out in a remodeled nuclear bunker. We'll go there
when we actually have something to record (so as to save the walk down
the narrow corridor and stairs, which is a pain for bigger instruments).
I have traded studio time for computer services down at SYCOM, so my
only worry is "I hope they don't assign me 3am..."

Also, maybe some of can bring examples of (systems loaded with) music
software. Then we might have some uniformity regarding the
recomendations we give for music software on Linux. Perhaps we can even
start jotting some of the music we come up with down. And, of course, Ed
can go at his kick-butt sax licks without worry of leaving us measley
little untrained musicians behind ;) *L*

Any takers on this weekend and offers for a place? I offer up my garage,
but it probably wouldn't be that great of a place (ie. y'all would be
forcing me to actually clean the thing!). Does next weekend sound
better, or for that matter during the week sometime?

P.S.
Correct directions will be given this time... really ;)

Norb