Re: [SLUG] Nautilus Mandrake 8.0

From: Ron KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@qsl.net)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 11:32:18 EDT

Hi all:
> > Chuck Fricke wrote:

> > > The question becomes, how much swap space has been allocated. The general
> > > rule of thumb is 1:1 RAM. My preference is 1.5:1 based on six months
future
. . .
  I have 2.047 Gig. (an old DOS partition, set as a swap partition)
with 64 Meg. of RAM with the 2.2.16 kernel, it seldom uses very much.
But this cured a nasty problem on the spot, Netscape's memory
leak would cause Netscape and anything running in the X system
to grind to a halt after 2 or 3 hours. I have been free of this
since adding the swap partition.
  I have opened as many programs as I could, until I got dizzy,
and other than the time it takes to get it from the hd to display
the programs, (when I switch) it seems like I have unlimited RAM.
(I have very slow hd speed because of a hardware failure)

         73 (= Best Regards) de: (= this is) Ron ka4inm@qsl.net
       Please visit my HAM web site at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm