Re: [SLUG] E-mail and Road Runner

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 17:09:13 EDT

On Tuesday 26 June 2001 10:39 am, you wrote:
> I had a bad experience with RR a couple of years ago. After
> about 6 months of dial-up bandwidth through their cable
> service, and none of their engineers able to resolve the
> problem, I switched to DSL through TampaBayDSL
> (www.tampabaydsl.com). They basically buy the service from
> Verizon and resell it, as far as I can tell.
We have Verizon in our office. If one excludes login time my 56K modem at
home is faster.

If you have any
> problems, you call TampaBayDSL, and don't have to deal with
> Verizon. I have been overall pleased with their service (I
> have the 768/128 package).

>From what I have heard there is a nice little ISP which supplies access in
the Tampa bay area called Internet Junction which cost 1/2 what everybody
else cost. I believe it is located close to Tampa/Hillsbrough road at the
country line so it can service both countries easily.

Frank