Re: [SLUG] E-mail and Road Runner

From: Douglas Koobs (dkoobs@tampabaydsl.com)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 10:39:57 EDT

I had a bad experience with RR a couple of years ago. After
about 6 months of dial-up bandwidth through their cable
service, and none of their engineers able to resolve the
problem, I switched to DSL through TampaBayDSL
(www.tampabaydsl.com). They basically buy the service from
Verizon and resell it, as far as I can tell. If you have any
problems, you call TampaBayDSL, and don't have to deal with
Verizon. I have been overall pleased with their service (I
have the 768/128 package). However, it is not as fast as RR
when RR was working good, and its a bit more expensive than
RR (about $5 more, with taxes and all). But TampabayDSL's
technicians are knowledgable, helpful, and they follow up.
If you are looking for a replacement for RR, I highly
recomend TampaBayDSL.

That being said, I am having Road Runner set up at my house
again today, gonna try the Advanced Router thingy and get
the 2 pipes bonded. Pray for me!!

BTW, I do not work for or receive any compensation from
TampaBayDSL.

Doug